Thursday, December 30, 2004

Some of my Favourite things:

In my line of work, I have encountered people from all walks of life. 

 

You would think that my favourites would be the business travelers who fly as much as I do, but it's not.  The vacationers are my favourite passengers, because they remind me of my life before I became a flight attendant.  The sparkle in their eyes, the smile on their face and the new outfit that they bought specially for the plane ride, brings a smile to my face even if I have had a long day.  Their excitement about being on an airplane is both intoxicating and contagious.  Their wide eyes, please and thank-yous are a pleasant change from the usual, "DIET COKE.....  NO ICE!"  I know that in a small way, I am part of what will make or break their vacation, and I try to make their time with me a pleasant one.  I know that some of them have probably been planning their trips for weeks, even months.

 

It reminds me of when I used to fly to California every summer, in high school, to see my god-parents.  I was sooooo excited about being on an airplane, that I almost jumped out of my skin.  I loved sitting by the window, because I could see the earth with a bird's eye view.  I had my intinerary memorized as soon as the tickets arrived in the mail.  My outfit was planned out, as was everything that I needed in my carry on.   

 

I was once a twice in a lifetime flyer who dreamed of a jet set life.  Being at the airport in the middle of all of the hussle and bussle, made me crave more.  Airplanes, airports, travel, ect. fascinated me.  I knew that there were more places out there than just my little town in Montana that I grew up in.  I hungered to see things for myself, not just on TV.

 

Even today as much as I travel, whether it be working or for pleasure, I never get tired of looking out the window, and seeing my office view!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspiration comes in all shapes and sizes, and they sometimes come from the most unlikely places.  I'm glad you found yours.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean!

Anonymous said...

amen sweets, I can't think of doing anything else, christmas time in the airports, nothing like it, yeah some times we would rather be home with our cats and who ever but there is nothing like getting a good crew, a good plane, with good over nights, my best friends ALL of them are airline employees jets blue, united mainline, PSA, TSA(the airline not the people who scan you) takes a special person to work where we do, and if you have it you are suck with it... nothing can ever pull you away.

Anonymous said...

it's just so easy to get totally geeked at an airport!  In fact, it's why I like the window seat - so I can look outside, even if it's the same airport I've been flying to for weeks... flying is probably my favorite part of my job! :)

Anonymous said...

So what do you do MCsuperfly???

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those consultant types who spends more time on a plane/hotel than my own house!  

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your postings. I just started an online blog today. I hope it will become an interesting one like yours is. I am cabin crew for a big airline out of Chicago. Gosh, the stories......I like what you said about the "Vactioners" though. It is so nice to see people excited to fly with that "Twinkle" in their eyes. One website I go to alot that promotes FUN and FLYING, is     www.crewtag.com.
I hope you check it out. Happy New Year!
<"Attitude is Altitude">

Anonymous said...

congratulations on being picked for the week. Your journal is very interesting. I always wanted to be a flight attendant. My husband wanted to be a pilot but his eye sight kept him out of flight school. I chose this entry to reply to because I have always been a vacation flyer. You described exactly how I always felt and acted about my flights. My husband and I flew to many places. We had a wonderful fun life. He owned a bingo and I was his girlfriend and wife for many yrs traveling the world. I loved to see my attendant get to me it always meant something good like a glass of wine or some goodies to snack on was right there. I loved ther blue suits and how nice everyone always acted to me it was the best of the beggining of my trip and the best of the end. I use to love to always see what the pilot looked like too Lol . Come visit my journal I have a very interesting lifestyle now and would love to share it with you . Judy Pearl

Anonymous said...

Wow, your journal is really interesting. I guess I am one of those "vacationers" when I am on a plane, even if I've been flying a lot in the past year. There is just something about sitting by the window during take off and landing that makes flying just that much more enjoyable.
PS: Congrats on getting editors pick! :)