Thursday, December 30, 2004

Precious Strikes back

I guess everyone has to have an opinion!  It's easier to sit back and point fingers at others rather than to look at one's own faults...

 

Thanks for the response.

I'm just disappointed by your repeated complaints about people
who use Priceline or find discounted fares. It works both ways. By your
standard, you're even worse since you generally pay nothing for your
tickets. And, boy, do you ever complain.

Of course, it's true that novice travelers are going to make some dumb
remarks. They don't know any better. What's your excuse?

Precious,  

So is it safe to assume that you are both a NOVICE traveler, and someone who uses priceline?   

I must also assume that you just love your JOB so much that you can't think of anything at all that you could change or complain about it?   

So I am even worse because I have the ability to travel for next to nothing?  What bothers you more?  That I fly to more places in one week, then you have been to in your entire life, or that I can walk up to any gate, and hop on that flight?   

You must be one of those people who sit in coach fuming because you know that there are airline employees sitting up in a first class seat, while you paid good money for a ticket in coach.  You must be one of those people who treat the flight attendant like a servant because you feel entitled merely because YOU bought a ticket.    

 

Where do these people come from, and why do they always seem to find me?  It amazes me what procures when jelousy rears its ugly head!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just created my own personal joural for the first time & for my eyes only!!...In the process of doing so I saw the Editor's Pick where yours was listed. The Editor was very much connected and savvy to pick yours...because I believe it was the best!!
Having travelled for many many years (hate to declare how many !) all over the world., I am somewhat familiar with what you folks put up with while looking your best with grace and a smile! (for the most part anyway!) when faced with adversarial travelers. You do such wonderful work and my hats are off to you !.

Your personal journal provides a great insight in to not what you do in your career but a lot more of how you are as an individual and it is so well written. Very much candid & thought provoking with inner self-expression that people who read dont see beyond your so called "complaints/ frustrations etc"..but should if they ONLY READ....You should write a book someday about your career !!!
You are obviously a dedicated employee, notwithstanding, many pressing frustrations of the job...All jobs have such frustrations....It takes a person like you to gracefully express , share and basically take it all in the stride.
It must be therapeutic to express your thoughts openly and I commend you for it.

It amazes me and restores my faith in the humanity that folks like you are around who like you continue to do ordinary things, with ordinary life in an ordinary existance even though faced with  extraordinary challenges!
Keep up the good work....I couldn't resist but say these words to you....
My best to you.....From an inspired Stranger !!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the GREAT words of encouragement!!!!