Friday, December 3, 2004

Sending a woman, to do a man's job!

I never thought that a simple flight to Stewart, New York would have been so much fun!

This flight started out, just like everyother flight that I had that day!  It was my last one of the day, and I was happy that my flight wasn't full.  I was looking forward to an uneventfull leg to my overnite, for some much needed relaxation.

There was this rather jovial woman, who was sitting towards the front of the plane, conversing with the two gentlemen sitting across the isle from her.  Whatever they were talking about, she seemed very animated.  When it came time for the beverage serivce, she asked for some wine.  When she later asked for the second one, I jokingly asked her if she was driving home.  "BELEVE me, I am NOT driving!"  She said laugingly.

Towards the end of the flight, I was walking through the cabin picking up trash.  She motioned for me to come talk to her...

"Hey I have an important question to ask you.  Are you single?"  She asked me.

"Ummmm....  Actually, as of just recently, I am single.  Why?" I replied.

"Well you see that gentleman sitting across from me, next to the window?" She asked.

"Yes, what about him?" I laughed.

"He thinks that you are cute, and he was wondering if you had a boy friend or not!"  She whispered.

I laughed and said, "Well you can tell him thank you, and that I am single!"

She laughed at me, and went back to  chatting with the two gentlemen.  As she stumbled off the plane when we got to SWF, she made a point of again telling me that the guy behind her, thought that I was cute.  I said good-bye to the poor guy, as he walked off the plane behind her.  I think that he mumbled some sort of good-bye.

I told me crew what happened, and they thought that it was extremely funny.  They thought that it was so cute that I have strangers trying to set me up, and make a love connection! 

I quickly put the expearience behind me, when we got to the hotel.  My first officer and I desided to go to the diner next to our hotel to have a few drinks, and unwind.  We walked into the diner, and just as we got inside, I looked to my left, and the two guys were sitting down at a booth.  I elboed my first officer to look over.  He just started laughing as we walked passed them.  He told me that the did the typical, omigod, that's her, stare when we walked by.  I kept my eye on them.  They would look over at us, but my fanclub didn't have enough guts to walk over to say hi.  Sending a strange woman in to do your dirty work, and then not even talk to me?  What's this world comming to!?!  If a guy can't even muster up the courage to start a conversation, then his loss!  LOL 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lmao gotta love the people we fly around, today going from ABE to PIT I had a guy throw his trash into the cup I was preping to fill and serve.... some people have no class...

ps I work for Trans States, Richmond base... US Airways side mainly... some united... jetstream 41s and EMB 145s

Anonymous said...

yea...  I love it when people try to put their trash on my cart, when I am in the middle of my service.  It's like HELLO, did you eat your brain for breakfast?  Think about it, would you want someone serving you something after they handled someone elses trash?  I think not!

That's why I am saving all of my stories to write in a book someday, because I always get asked about what my job is like, might as well make a buck or two?  You want to know what it is REALLY like? Read my book! LOL

Fly safe!