Thursday, December 30, 2004

An interesting E-MAIL

The following is an amusing e-mail that I just got regarding my BLOG...

 

Gotta love the irony.

A flight attendant gripes about the problems traveling for free via
standby, then trashes passengers for buying tickets on Priceline and then
daring to make a peep.

If pax are rude, that's a problem. But what difference does it make how
much they paid for the fare?

 

Dear Precious,  

Every flight attendant has stories/complaints about passengers.  I just choose to make mine available for everyone to read!  

I applaud anyone who can find a cheap fare...  But you have to have some common sense.  You can't pay 50 bucks for a ticket from Grand Rapids, MI to Green Bay, WI, and expect the plane to be a 777.  I can do many things, but making planes bigger isn't one of them!  Though it's been my observation that cheap tickets and rudeness seem to go hand in hand, let alone being completely socially inept.  It's the quirkies, who are only one my plane because it was the cheapest fare, that keep my job interesting.    

I have been writing lately about my adventures in non-rev travel, because I get a lot of questions about how WONDERFUL it must be to have flight benefits.  I wanted to show people the reality of what it is really like to fly NRSA.  What can happen to you even though you think that you have a backup plan for getting where you need to go.  

Most people who have a sense of humour, find my stories entertaining... 


Seriously people, I write this BLOG for entertainment, not to rid the world of stupidity! Feel free to e-mail me with any comments you might have.  Be aware they may be made available for the rest of the world to see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

flight attendant ^5.. honestly yeah Imma have to agree with you on this one... all day long we hear things like, "I can't believe I paid this much money to fly on a plane this small!" which if you were flyin from france to say ORD thats one thing, but when you are flyin from Erie PA to Pittsburgh PA its less than a 30 min in flight trip, on a full flight you FA is doing a full cardio workout to get you and her other "friendly" PAX drinks and a snack... and think about it like this... how much do you think it cost to fly you from Erie to PIT... checked out the price of type A jet fuel in the past year or so?!?!? in what it cost to run one flight from Erie to PIT you could fuel your car for an entire year. so don't complain... sit back, relax and enjoy your flight, we are here primarily for your safety.... not to thicken your wallet and lead you to believe you are donald trump

Anonymous said...

I understand the price of tickets and I do try to buy them in enough advance time to get a good price.  However, I cannot understand allowing the seat to go vacant instead of negotiating a price.  For example, one time back in 1994 (HAH! I know) I went to see my friend off; he was going to Chicago from Houston for business.  He did not expect me at the airport.  This is an older man, he was a friend of mine for almost twenty years, well right then and there he said, “come with me, it is only three days”.  When I said I had no clothes, nothing, he said “no problem we will buy some when we get there.”  So I inquired about the ticket and it was $900, even though I made his arrangements for $350.  He was willing to pay for the ticket but I just could not allow him.  I asked the agent could we negotiate since there were plenty of empty seats on the flight (she volunteered this info) and she said no, simply no.  I said you rather the seat fly empty than to make $350 and she said “yes.”  I did not go; I just could not hand over the money, out of my pocket or his.  I was even willing to keep it a secret, but she still said no.

Anonymous said...

Gate agents don't make the rules for who pays what...  Each airline sells so many seats for $350, $450, $199, $900... ect on each plane.  Each fare has it's own set of rules for each fare.  She probably couldn't sell you a seat for $350, because there were no more seats available at THAT fare.  Depending on what day you travel, length of stay, and even the TIME of day that you travel dictates what price you pay for your ticket.  Flying is not a swap meet...  Fares aren't up for barter!  LOL