Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Question and Answers....

glad you enjoy your work, being a flight attendant, especially for a regional carrier is all about attitude and it looks like you have a good one.   Curious if you want to comment on your page if regional carrier flight attendants are like the regional carrier pilots who all hope to work for a mainline carrier one day.  

Comment from
grpg233 - 3/23/05 2:00 PM

 


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


As I have said in previous entries, my dream was to be an international flight attendant.  I wanted to work trips to Paris desperately. My industry was a lot different, when I started five years ago.  All the airlines were hiring, and I had planned on only staying at my airline for a year, so that I could put my transfer in to be a flight attendant at our mainline carrier.   I had been recuited by a mainline flight service manager, on one of my flights.  I will never forget that day what a dream come true...

Everything seemed to be going according to my plans, when the Twin Towers fell on the morning of September 11, 2001.  My hopes and dreams of being an international flight attendant fell with the World Trade Center.   I knew then, that I would not be going to another airline anytime soon.

I like to count all of my blessings, instead of feeling sorry for myself that I am not flying on bigger planes.  The airline industry is very unstable, and I am lucky enough to be employed at an airline who is growing.  I HAVE a job, that I enjoy doing.  I am in the upper one third as far as senority.  I can hold weekends and holidays off. 

I think you will see the regional airlines taking a more dominant presence in the domestic market over the next ten years.  There has been a huge shift towards low cost carriers, that the heritage airlines are struggling to keep up with.  A name brand isn't enough to sell a ticket anymore.  My prediction for heritage airlines, is smaller aircraft with increased frequency, to compete with low cost carriers.  The 70 seat, 90 seat and 100 seat "regional jet aircrafts" that have begun to hit the market are only the beginning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you wanted to be an international flight attendant and things worked out differently. It sound's like you are content with the way things worked out. Sometimes things happen for a reason and maybe it is best this way.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

yea...  The heck with Paris, I will be spending April in Montreal!!  And Grand Rapids, MI, and Des Moines, IA.... LOL