Wednesday, March 9, 2005

The Opinions are in....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In my last entry I asked everyone their opinion of what they think a flight attendant should be...  I am suprised that most of the comments were about my weight loss and how much they like my pics...

 

This was my favourite comment:

I think a flight attendant should be a well trained professional who can cope with any problems that arise passenger wise in a flight. I don't think that they should be considered flying waitresses though it seems like a good many of the traveling public think they are.

These ladies and gentlemen are doing their jobs and the not so frequent flyers who haven't been on a flight since Coffee, Tea of Me days need to realize this.

A flight with a professional crew is a pleasure to be on, whether it's a 777 or a CRJ.

magickann

That in a nutshell pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I was impressed that MOST people are aware of what a flight attendant's job is...  Though I think that maybe it was just my fellow brothers and sisters who commented correctly!  LOL

Whether or not people understand what my job is really like, it won't change the fact that I really enjoy what I do, even though I do not make alot of money doing it.  Long days, weather, and crabby passengers can be trying on one's patients.  In spite of that, I couldn't imagine doing anything else.   

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nod. My dad worked for TWA for over 45 years. I spent an awful lot of time in the air watching people work. I think being a F/A is probably one of the hardest jobs out there. ( I used to teach special ed and that was a bear too).
Congrats on your gold wings...shine em and wear em proudly.
magickann

Anonymous said...

glad you enjoy your work, being a flight attendant, especially for a regional carrier is all about attitude and it looks like you have a good one.   Curious if you want to comment on your page if regional carrier flight attendants are like the regional carrier pilots who all hope to work for a mainline carrier one day.