Sunday, August 7, 2005

One heck of a week...

From running late, check rides, weather and mechanicals, is there anything else that can go wrong this week?

 

Ok, ever have one of those days that you shouldn't have gotten out of bed?  Well this whole weekend has been like that for me.

It all started out Thursday on my way to work, I was rummaging thru my bag for something, listening to my IPOD.  (I had just turned it on, and it was on full blast)  This older women who could have doubled for Tammy Fae's mother informs me that I have to turn my volume down.  I nod and continue to rummage through my bag to find what I was looking for, then turn my volume down.  I guess I wasn't fast enough for her liking because she glared at me, got up in a huff and moved to another seat.

I finally get to the airport, running a tad bit behind.  I race to my gate and meet up with my crew and get everything ready for our flight to Omaha.  We get to Omaha and someone informs me that she is an inflight manager from LGA, and she just gave us a checkride.  AHHHHH!!  I am sparing the details, THAT is a whole other story.  Our flight back to Chicago and then to Cleveland was uneventful...

The next day we were supposed to do a flight from Cleveland to Dallas at 1pm.  Well the flight got pushed back untill 4pm because the plane had a mechanical in Dallas.  Luckily we were still at the hotel.  When we finally get to Dallas, weather delays have backed up the entire airport.  We were an hour late going from Dallas to Little Rock.  Ohhhhhh....  And I had a precious on that flight too, who thought that all 4'10" of him was the neatest thing since sliced bread and decided to hit on me.  So I sat in the back and listened to the passengers around me making fun of him.

Yesterday afternoon, we get to the airport to find that our flight had down graded.  YEA!!!  I am the senior flight attendant, so I got to deadhead!  After spending 45 min trying to get ahold of Crew Scheduling to let them know that I didn't want to work the flight...(there was a problem with the phone systems)

We get to Dallas, and had a 2 hour break before goingto Oklahoma City.  I look in the computer to find that our next airplane was already there!  Could it be that we were ACTUALLY going to get to our overnight on time?  I spoke too soon.  The gate agent called to put a hold on the flight to wait for some connecting passengers who were running late.  We get everyone on board, close up and push back. Then we have a mechanical issue that needs to be looked at.  when the Mechanics FINALLY get to us, it turns out to be just a circut breaker that needed to be reset.  Now we are off on our merry way, only an hour behind schedule!

Now I have only one flight back to Chicago today.   With everything else that has gone wrong this trip I am wondering what kind of hell fire and brimstone that I will have to endure before I make it back home!

 

No comments: