Friday, April 1, 2005

Comment of the Week...

That is great that you enjoy your job. Most people have jobs that they can't stand, so it's really wonderful that you have fun at your job. Do you ever get tired of flying all around though?
Comment from
danyalesmith01 - 3/21/05 5:31 PM

 



Yes of course I get tired of my job at times.  There are days that the last thing that I want to do, is put on my uniform, makeup, wings, and smile. 

There are some days that I work up to 5 or 6 flights.  That makes for a long day.  Sleeping in a different hotel more nights than I sleep at home.  Living my life out of a 22 inch roller board isn't easy, but it has taught me to relish and value the simple things. 

Eating food while it is still hot, sleeping in my own bed, and wearing normal clothes are all things that normal 9 to 5 people take or granted.  I don't get a lunch break, so I am always grabing food on the go.  It may have been hot when i bought it, but not when I get a spare minute to eat it.  Eating a hot meal that I MADE myself...  Well that makes for utter heaven!

But do I get tired of flying around all day?  No, it's in my blood.  I have never been a nine to five person.  Every flight is different, and I never know what to expect from the people who step on board my plane.  Since most Americans spend a majority of their time working, to find a career that I have a passion for far out weighs the minor inconviences that may pop up time to time.

It comes down to the million dollar question that your High School councilor may have asked...  "What would you do if you had a million dollars?"  I would travel.

No comments: