Tuesday, October 7, 2003

Stupid things that Passengers say....

During my career as a flight attendant, I have encountered many interesting people, with just as many interesting questions and or comments.  I have compiled this list of my most memorable conversations:

1.  This one was one of my favourite pick up lines of all time.  During my beverage service a cute male passenger asked me: "Do you fly much?"  "Excuse me?"  I asked.  "Do you fly much?"  He asked again.  I was stunned, I didn't know how to respond at first so I simply said, "Yea, do YOU?"  I must have embarassed him, because his face turned beet red when he said, "Yea, mostly for work though."  "What a coincidence, so do I!" I retorted.  He then replied, "I know, I know... it was a bad one!"  "It's not that, it's just that you have to remember that I have EVERYTHING, at least about 5 times already today...  I'll tell you what you're pretty cute, I'll come back later, and you can try again!"  I replied.   The poor guy was so mortified that he wouldn't look at me for the rest of the flight!

2.  This one is the usual among the mullet set:  "Hi, Sir, what can I get for you?" I ask.  "How about your number?"  Mullet boy usually replies.  "I'm sorry sir, I'm fresh out of those, how about a coke instead?"  I shoot back.  I get one of these a day usually.

3.  "My you have pretty eyes, are they yours?"  A passenger asked.  "No actually, I am borrowing them from a friend!" I replied

The next questions I get asked on every flight!

"Do you come to <insert city here> often?"

"BUT I want the WHOLE CAN!"

"Do you have a blanket?"

"When are we going to get there?"

"Can I get some more <insert drink here> when you get a chance?"

"But it fit on the LAST AIRPLANE!!!!!"

"Am I going to make my connection?"

"Can you call ahead and have them hold my plane for me?"

"How come you don't make funny PA's like they do at Southwest?"

This is only a small sample of the quirkiness that I expearience at 35,000 feet.  If you have any stories that you would like to share, please feel free to add your comments...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay this happened last year sometime around the end of August. I was jumpseating back home to NY and there was a ATC hold for almost have the day. Now I work for a low-cost carrier so that was problem number one. Not the airline but the fact that the paxs would blame it on us. Now I am cabin crew not ticket counter or gate but I don't mind helping out, I actually like it. So I was standing at the gate talking to the gate agents and from time to time answering the questions that I had the answers to. Now the problem was that it was windy and raining really hard at LGA. LGA closes if you cough too hard. Anywho, this young lady comes up to the counter and starts yelling at us.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT (AIRLINES'S NAME) IS?" She said

The gate agents kind of stepped back in shock but I was ready for anything but not this one. I said to her...

"I am sorry Mama I don't. Is there something that I can do for you?"

"(Name of airline) needs to buy their own RUNWAY in NY. All the major airlines have there own runways. That is what American and United does." she said. I took a deep breathe actually three to keep myself from crying and laughing. One gate agent ran away b4 she lostit. I tried to explain to the woman that there was no way any airline could by thier own runway. She yelled at me some more. I then told her that it was a great idea and asked her to write it on a comment card so I could hand it in to the company. She did and I went downstairs and handed it in to inflight. They just laughed at me for even handing it in.

Anonymous said...

NOW THAT was a funny story!  See like I have said before, Give someone a boarding pass, and they turn in to a moron!!!