Saturday, February 5, 2005

Tales of a GOLD wing diva!

Another week in paradise...  Here are some various tidbits that has been going on over the past week... 







I get my gold wings next week.  At our company when you reach five years as a flight attendant you get gold wings.  I guess so that everyone can know that you are super senior just by looking at you.  There are alot of my co-workers who don't like wearing their gold wings, for various reasons.  I on the other hand don't feel that way.  I have earned them, I am gonna wear them! 

Another monumental occasion has happened in my company that I never thought that I would live to see the day.  Our parent company has finally allowed us to sit in the flight attendant jumpseat on our mainline carrier.  This is monumental, because when I got hired 5 years ago, we had to sign this paper that went into our files saying that if we sat in the mainline flight attendant jumpseat that we would be terminated. 

I don't know how many times that I have gotten bumped off flights going home to see my parents in North Carolina, when the flight attendant jumpseat has gone empty.  This is a monumental occasion for us, and I keep pinching myself that it's real.  This is the best Valentine's Day present ever!

For those of you who do not work for a regional airline, you wouldn't understand how important being able to sit in mainline's jumpseat really is.  For those who commute, it's an added option for getting to work.  For those of us, like me, who like to travel it's just one more option for getting home for Christmas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTG guys!... that is a huge step...

Anonymous said...

congratulations on getting your wings.....that's why I was hearing bells!!!
Wear them proudly, you earned them!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi, I dont understand why they would let the jumpseat go empty, can you elaborate? congratulations on your gold wings!! Heather~  

Anonymous said...

In your entry above, you have written "gold wings" in the color orange, the html color-code of #ff8000.  If given the option of editing entries, and the option of displaying a large array of colors, perhaps you could change the color of those two words to the color of Gold, the html code of #ffd700.  It doesn't have to be done, but it would be more helpful for readers, more of a peace-of-mind issue than anything.

As for the jumpseat now being available, that is great news, sure beats laying out in the overhead-luggage compartments.

Anonymous said...

I just write it. I don't program it....   If I can't edit it with dreamweaver, then it gets to stay in all of its orange glory...  WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO BE SOOOO CRITICAL???

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 5 years!  :-)  Nice journal you have...

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl